Hi guys & welcome back to my blog!
Few months ago I filmed a video with a great youtuber Tom Txxytu who runs the website and the youtube channel TOM TXXYTU about
5 Italian figures of speech, the so called idiomatic expressions
but first take a look at my e-book Crash Italian for Holidays!
It’s available on Amazon and will help you to survive in Italy during your holidays and avoid awkward situations!
Italian figures of speech give you the chance to have a deeper connection with the italian culture of course, but above all to explain a situation with few words and in an easy way!
So here are the 5 expressions Tom and I went over in our video:
1. È inutile piangere sul latte versato
– There’s no use crying over spilt milk
2 .Fare orecchie da mercante
– To turn a deaf ear/blind eye
3. Alzarsi con il piede sinistro
– To wake up on the wrong side of the bed
4. Avere l’argento vivo addosso
– To have ants in one’s pants
– To be bouncing off of the walls
5. Salvarsi per un pelo
– To get by the skin of one’s teeth
– To do something in the nick of time
You’ll find the video at this link !
Do you want to learn Italian with me? Take a look at my course
Crash Italian for Holidays Course the first lesson is for FREE
Don’t forget to subscribe to my youtube channel where I’ll post a new Italian Lesson each week!